FIT Certification Renewal Policies
All FIT Professional Trainers maintain their professional status by:
- Written submission of the renewal application.
- Documentation of acceptable Continued Eductation Units (CEU s) completed during the previous 2-year certification cycle. Completion of a total of 2CEU s (FIT) will be required to renew the certification for another 2 years. CEU s done externally (other than FIT) will be evaluated on a case to case basis.
- At least 75% marks in the respective test for each CEU.
- Proof of a valid CPR certification.
- Payment of renewal fees.
Professionals must submit documentation for each course listed on the report. Acceptable documentation includes copies (do not send originals) of certificates of completion, transcripts, or other forms of official documentation where the number of credits/hours can be verified. Please submit your renewal 4 to 6 weeks prior to your renewal date to ensure adequate time for renewal processing. A new certificate and ID card will be forwarded to FIT Professionals after all renewal requirements have been received and approved.
All FIT Professionals are required to keep a current basic adult CPR certification. If your CPR expires before your certification, you are responsible for updating your CPR status.
The current renewal fee is Rs. 2000.
*Additional Rs. 500 will be applicable for re-testing/per test incase initial test is not cleared successful.
Late Certification Renewals
Failure to complete CE requirements and timely renewal of your professional status may result in the forfeiture of your certification. We encourage you to complete continuing education requirements on time. A late fee will be assessed for applications received after the date of expiration of the certificate. The following breakdown applies:
- Up to 3 months late: Rs. 2500.
- Up to 6 months late: Rs. 3000.
- Up to 1 year late: Rs. 4000.
Once the completed renewal packet is received, your professional status will be renewed for two years from the initial expiration date. The expiration date will always be exactly two years from the certification date. Incase certificate has expired for more than a year; the Trainer has to do a re-test using the most current final examination. Same documentation as the regular renewal will be required i.e CPR. The regular Certification fee will be applicable.
Currently Recognized CEU providers.
FIT/ ACE/ ISSA/ NSCA/ NFPT/ PTonthenet
*The completed CEU documentation will be evaluated on a case to case basis.
Download the above in pdf Click here